California Consumer Protection Lawyers
Protecting consumers from unfair, deceptive or fraudulent trade practices
At Marlin Branstetter Attorney at Law, we understand your sense of frustration when trying to fix your credit rating or to obtain appropriate medical coverage for injuries inflicted by an unsafe product marketed to consumers. When you retain the services of our firm, we provide you with the legal advice and representation you need to assert and enforce your rights against creditors, manufacturers and scammers. We handle claims related to:
- Identity theft or debt collector harassment
- Predatory lending and mortgage fraud
- Product safety and medical privacy
- Unwanted solicitations
What to do about identity theft or debt collector harassment
Identity theft and fraudulent charges can ruin your credit rating. If you have been a victim of identity theft, we can help clear your good name with creditors and credit reporting agencies. In addition, we can put a stop to abusive collections calls. Our firm handles claims involving the:
- Fair Credit Billing Act — Creditors are responsible for correcting billing errors with due diligence. When your creditor has failed to reverse unauthorized charges, charged the wrong amount, charged you for merchandise you never received, failed to post payments and other credits, failed to send bills to your current address before the bill came due, or failed to provide you with written proof of purchase, we can help.
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act — Even if you owe money on your credit card, auto loan, medical bill or mortgage, your creditors do not have the right to harass you to collect on an outstanding personal loan. Your creditors cannot release false information about your outstanding debt to anyone — including your employer or a credit reporting agency.
- Fair Credit Reporting Act — As a consumer, you have the right to review your credit score and dispute any mistakes in your credit report. In addition, if you have been a victim of identity theft, you can dispute any of those fraudulent charges. Since interest rates, financing charges and required deposits are closely tied to your credit score, it would be in your best interests to contact our attorneys to help you resolve these issues.
What to do about predatory lending and mortgage fraud
If you have been a victim of unethical or predatory lending practices, seek the advice of counsel at our firm. We help people like you fight back against fraudulent practices related to payday loans, refinancing, home mortgages and unconscionable interest rates. We litigate claims relating to the:
- Truth in Lending Act — Your creditors are required by law to explain — conspicuously, in print — the precise terms of any loan they make to you, including the amount being financed, the required minimum monthly payment, the number of payments to be made and the annual percentage rate (APR). If you later discover that a loan you believed to be at a fixed rate is actually a variable rate loan, you may have a claim against your creditor.
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act — Mortgage lenders are not allowed to advertise low interest rates but then charge high rates through their affiliates for a kickback. Such bait-and-switch tactics are illegal, and as a consumer, you can sue if you have been a victim of deceptive real estate practices.
What to do about product safety and medical privacy issues
As a U.S. citizen, you have the right to medical privacy and freedom from exposure to dangerous or unsafe products. If your rights have been violated, our attorneys can help you pursue a legal claim. We handle litigation relating to the:
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act — Your privacy with regard to your medical history is an enforceable right. Patients who have had this right violated may pursue legal action, and the attorneys at Marlin Branstetter Attorney at Law stand ready to help.
- Pure Food and Drug Act — The government regulates the manufacture and sale of edible products and, the labels of food products intended for human consumption. If a food product has made you ill, you may have a legal claim against the retailer or manufacturer. We can explain your rights and outline your options.
- Consumer Product Safety Act — If you have been injured by a dangerous or unsafe product, give us a call for assistance with your case.
What to do about unwanted solicitations
Registrants with the U.S. National Do Not Call Registry have a right not to receive unsolicited calls from telemarketers. If you have registered and your right has been violated, our attorneys can help you take legal action to assert and enforce this right.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation
At Marlin Branstetter Attorney at Law, our attorneys are skilled consumer protection lawyers who can help you settle the matters that have ruined your credit rating or caused you to suffer physical harm. Get the advice you need to seek the legal remedy you deserve when you call 714-422-0977 or contact us online today. Our office is conveniently located in Anaheim, California.